Steps to Obtaining FWS Employment
- Complete the MSU admission application (entering freshmen and transfer) (www.admissions.msstate.edu).
- Submit FAFSA (www.fafsa.ed.gov). Priority Date: April 1st. Select Federal Work-Study as aid type. Reapply each year by completing the FAFSA.
- Finalize Award Notification to accept FWS award (myState).
- View current job openings and interview with prospective employers.
- Once hired, pick up FWS Interview Form (Green Sheet) - Financial Aid Office.
- Student and employer complete FWS Interview Form & other payroll forms.
- Return completed and signed FWS Interview Form to the Financial Aid Office.
- Begin working at the department you were hired.
All recipients must be
- US citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Enrolled in a degree-seeking program
- Enrolled with at least half-time enrollment
- Maintaining satisfactory academic progress
- In good standing with federal student aid programs (not in default on student loans or owe a repayment on a previous financial aid award)
- Registered with the Selective Service, if required
- Students must demonstrate financial need through a federally approved method of needs analysis by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form online at www.fafsa.ed.gov