Award Changes

Changes in Your Federal Work-Study Award

Federal and/or State Financial Aid recipients may not receive funds in excess of Financial Need and/or the Cost of Attendance. This may occur when students receive funds from other sources or agencies that were not reported to our office. When an overaward occurs, the Department of Student Financial Aid is required to adjust the student's financial aid. This may include adjusting or canceling your Federal Work-Study award.

If in the event your Federal Work-Study is reduced, or cancelled, you and your employer will be notified. If your FWS award is reduced, you will be required to work fewer hours per week. If your FWS award is cancelled, you will be required to terminate your employment immediately.

A student may be required to repay funds due to the loss of financial aid eligibility. To prevent an overaward, notify the Department of Student Financial Aid of any assistance you receive that is not listed on your award letter. Examples of other aid include scholarships, military benefits, and Vocational Rehabilitation benefits.

Withdrawing From the University

Students who are not actively enrolled are not eligible for Federal Work-Study. Students who withdraw from the University will need to stop working immediately and have their FWS award cancelled for the remaining of the award year.

Students are required to notify our office of changes in their enrollment.