MSU cannot guarantee students remote or continue on-campus employment in the FWS program if there is a campus closure or disruption in campus operations due to COVID-19.
The Student Employment Office is committed to promoting part-time employment opportunities for students as they pursue their educational goals.
The Federal Work-Study program allows students who have financial need to earn money to help pay their educational expenses without incurring a lot of debt from borrowing.
Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a federally funded program that provides part-time jobs for undergraduate and graduate students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay educational expenses.
Students must demonstrate financial need to be considered for this award.
The program encourages community service work and work related to the student's course of study.
- Working on campus allows students to meet other students and to network with faculty and staff
- Students gain valuable work and career experience.
- Students have the opportunity to work in jobs that benefit the community.
- Students are able to earn money to help pay for educational expenses.
- Employers allow students flexibility to work around their class schedule.
- Money earned from FWS job will not be counted as income on the next year's FAFSA.