Steps to Apply
1 Create an FSA ID 2 Complete and e-sign the FAFSA on the Web 3 Submit all requested documents to the Financial Aid Office 4 Apply for Admission 5 Check your myState often and Accept your Financial Aid awards as soon as they are offered. 6 Complete all loan-related requirements 7 Refund Options 8 State Aid (for Mississippi Residents only) 9 Alternative/Private Loans
Create an FSA ID
The FSA ID is a username and password combination that allows you to sign your FAFSA electronically. Parent (if dependent student) and Student must both create an FSA ID.Top
Complete and e-sign the FAFSA on the Web
List MSU as a college to release information to.
School Code: 002423Top
Apply for Admission
Entering students must complete the MSU Admission Application process before eligibility for financial aid can be determined http://apply.msstate.edu/
Check your myState often and Accept your Financial Aid awards as soon as they are offered.Top
Complete all loan-related requirements
If you have loans complete all loan-related requirements, such as Entrance Loan Counseling and MPN at www.studentloans.govTop
If aid exceeds account charges there are two refund options available:
- E-Refund (direct deposit) to student's checking or savings
- Paper check - processed weekly and mailed to home address on file
- Aid year runs Fall, Spring, & Summer.
- Summer is a separate term and is a trailer (end of Financial Aid award year).
- Students wishing to receive student aid funds for summer school should register for summer classes and ensure your 2019-20 FAFSA is complete and the results are sent to our Financial Aid office.