Instructions for accessing the SAP Academic Plan and Statement of Understanding eForm
You must log into your myState account (my.msstate.edu) to complete the eForm. Select "SAP Academic Plan and Statement of Understanding Form" under the Student eForms section.
Applies only to students with an approved SAP appeal
Students with an approved SAP appeal are placed on Financial Aid Probation (for the approved semester only) and are automatically placed on an academic plan. Students on financial aid probation are eligible to receive financial aid (if otherwise eligible) for the probation semester only.
After probation semester ends:
- Will review to determine if all conditions of student’s academic plan was met (see below).
- If plan met, student could receive an additional semester of financial aid (if otherwise eligible). Student would NOT need to submit another appeal, however, must submit new academic plan.
- If plan is NOT met, student will be placed back on Financial Aid Suspension until SAP policy requirements are met or submits another successful appeal.
Conditions of SAP Academic Plan:
Students must meet all of the following to be granted an additional semester of financial aid:
- Take all courses listed on academic plan
- Earn minimum 2.5 GPA (undergraduate) or 3.0 (graduates) for the appeal semester
- Do not drop or withdraw from any courses listed on academic plan
- Pass all courses listed on your academic plan - no 'F' or "I" grades
Length of SAP Academic Plan:
|SAP Issue||Length of Plan|
|GPA||up to 4 semesters or student is once again meeting conditions of SAP policy|
|PACE – 67%||up to 4 semesters or student is once again meeting conditions of SAP policy|
|Max-time||up to 2 semesters or student is once again meeting conditions of SAP policy|
|Withdrawals||up to 2 semesters or student is once again meeting conditions of SAP policy|
|Academic Amnesty||up to 4 semesters or student is once again meeting conditions of SAP policy|
|Others||Based on individual approval set by Financial Aid Administrator|
If the length of the SAP Academic Plan has been met and student is still not making satisfactory academic progress, student would not be eligible for another extension probation. Student could submit another SAP appeal (limited to three appeals).
SAP Academic Plan will remain in effect until:
- Student fails to meet the conditions of academic plan
- Student has met the length of academic plan
- Student has graduated from degree program
- Student is once again meeting the SAP policy requirements
Additional requirements to remain on SAP Academic Plan:
- Students who successfully met academic plan will be granted an extended probation semester and will required to submit an updated academic plan (by the established deadline).
- If student fails to submit academic plan by the established deadline, student would not be eligible for the extended probation semester and any aid awarded will cancelled and will not be disbursed.
- If after the extended probation, student has failed to meet academic plan, student would NOT be granted another semester of aid. Student would be placed back on financial aid suspension (unless student is now making satisfactory academic progress).
- Submitting an updated academic plan does not guarantee automatic extension of financial aid, nor does it indicate that students is eligible for financial aid.
Check SAP status via https://my.msstate.edu.
Choose "Satisfactory Academic Progress" under the Financial Aid menu to view current status.
For additional information regarding Satisfactory Academic Progress, please free to visit https://www.sfa.msstate.edu/policies/satisfactory-academic-progress/.