Students can check their SAP status by logging into their myState account (my.msstate.edu). Under Financial Aid menu select Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Status assigned to students who are meeting the SAP policy standards
- Eligible to receive aid, if otherwise eligible
- Status assigned to students who were on Financial Aid Suspension, but successfully appealed to have their aid reinstated
- Eligible for aid for one semester only, if otherwise eligible
- Status assigned to students who successfully appealed and is meeting all conditions of academic plan.
- May be eligible for an additional semester of aid, if otherwise eligible, after the probation semester.
- Status assigned to students who are failing to meet the following criteria’s:
- Failed to meet minimum GPA requirements (MSU cumulative GPA)
- Unable to complete degree program within the Maximum time frame/hours (150% of program length, including transfer hours)
- Failed to pass at least 67% courses attempted, including transfer hours
- Exceeded the maximum number of hours a student is allowed to withdraw from courses (30 hours undergrad/ 15 hours grads)
- Not eligible for federal aid however can apply for Private Alternative Loan (non-federal) https://www.sfa.msstate.edu/loans/
SAP Policy and Appeal information: https://www.sfa.msstate.edu/policies/satisfactory-academic-progress/