This program awards eligible students a Mississippi State University scholarship for the summer 2020 semester. The program is a gap fill that awards the difference between a student’s tuition/capital improvement fee charges minus their Pell and Student Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG) Grants. Awards will be made until the scholarship program funding is fully utilized.
Student Eligibility Requirements:
Students must meet ALL of the following requirements to be eligible to participate in the program.
- Complete the 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Have a zero Expected Family Contribution (EFC) as determined on the FAFSA
- Be an undergraduate student who is eligible and is paid a Pell Grant for the summer term based on a zero EFC and is enrolled in at least three credit hours.
- Meet the Satisfactory Academic Standards (SAP) requirements established for all MSU students receiving federal aid
- Student awards are made to both in-state and out-of-state students
- Athletic students receiving a full athletic scholarship are not eligible
General Scholarship Guidelines:
- This is a gap fill scholarship program. The award amount is determined by totaling a student’s summer 2020 tuition and capital improvement fees, then subtracting their Pell and SEOG Grant awards. The scholarship is the difference between those amounts. Below is an awarding example:
|Full Pell Grant Award||$3,097|
|Sub Total Balance||$351|
|Balance Due for Summer||$ -|
- Students must be enrolled in at least three credit hours to receive the award and the maximum award is based on twelve hours. Students can enroll in more than twelve hours, but those hours above twelve will not be factored into the scholarship.
- Scholarship maximum amount is locked at the time the award is made. However, if a student drops hours before the classes begin each mini-term during the summer, the scholarship will also be reduced to match the reduced enrolled hours. For example, a student is enrolled in nine hours at the time the initial scholarship is awarded. Then the student adds classes at a later date. The scholarship awarded amount will NOT be increased based on the additional enrolled hours. However, if the student drops below nine hours during the any drop/add period, their scholarship will be decreased to reflect their reduced enrolled hours.
- The scholarship will NOT cover any distance education or other summer fees with the exception of the capital improvement fee.
- The scholarship is only awarded for the Summer 2020 semester until funds are exhausted.
- There is NO application that needs to be completed. If the student is eligible and funding is available, the scholarship will automatically be awarded and accepted for the student.
The Financial Aid Office is working diligently to help students bridge the financial gaps in their educational expenses during Covid-19. We hope this and other programs will help students achieve their goals of obtaining a college degree from Mississippi State University
If you have questions about this scholarship program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Financial Aid Office
Mississippi State University