Pell Grant Recipients

A student who withdraws from a class or receives a non-passing grade MUST have attendance in those classes to keep their Pell Grants. The Financial Aid Office will verify attendance for all students who receive a Pell Grant then withdraw from a course at any point in the semester or receive a non-passing grade at the end of the semester. If the student never attended the class the Pell Grant funds paid for those classes will be returned to the Department of Education and the student will be responsible for any charges on their student account. If a student who is receiving a Pell Grant is considering withdrawing from a class or is expected to receive a non-passing grade they should meet with Mary Heazel or Katherine Newell the Financial Aid Office which is located in Garner Hall.