FWS - How To Apply
Steps to Obtaining FWS Employment
- Entering freshmen and transfer students must complete the MSU Admission Application process before eligibility for student financial aid awards can be determined (http://www.admissions.msstate.edu/).
- Submit FAFSA (http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/). Priority Date: March 1st. Select Federal Work-Study as aid type. Funds for this program are limited, so it is important to complete the FAFSA as soon as possible. Students must reapply for FWS each aid year by completing the FAFSA.
- Eligible students will receive an Award Notification Letter indicating their FWS award amount.
- Finalize the Financial Aid Award Notification Process by accepting the Federal Work-Study Award (myState).
- Pick up Interview Form (Green Sheet) during final registration at the Student Financial Aid Office.
- View current job openings and interview with prospective employers.
- Student and employer complete FWS Interview Form & other payroll forms.
- Return completed and signed FWS Interview Form to the Student Financial Aid Office.
- Begin working at the department for which you were hired.
All recipients must be
- US citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Enrolled in a degree-seeking program
- Enrolled with at least half-time enrollment
- Maintaining satisfactory academic progress
- In good standing with federal student aid programs (not in default on student loans or owe a repayment on a previous financial aid award)
- Registered with the Selective Service, if required
- Students must demonstrate financial need through a federally approved method of needs analysis by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/